About Us

We are a Christian Private School offering the Cambridge International Curriculum to learners from pre-school to post-matric.

Our Vision

To be the place where learners are equipped to succeed in this life. Our learners are to be rooted in their faith to serve God and their fellow man.

Our Mission

Acacia believes in producing world-class learners, who are sought after by leading universities and employers.

Who We Are

At Acacia, we aim to establish an environment where every child feels safe and secure. It is a place where the staff work attentively in the classrooms and on the sports fields to see that each and every child reaches his/her full potential. At Acacia the holistic development of a child is paramount.
This holistic approach encompasses the spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional spheres of our learners. It is our desire to ensure that each and every child who enters our gates, leaves at the end of his/her school career with strong roots that are established through a strong relationship with God, hard work, the pursuit of excellence, nobility, and service.
These roots form a strong foundation which has been proven to yield successful careers and satisfied lives.

Acacia’s Roots

Our school opened its doors in January 2018 with 18 learners. Since then we have experienced a steady growth despite the global challenges, such as COVID-19, that we have faced.
By the end of 2020, three sets of Acacia’s matriculants sat for their Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). We have achieved 100% pass rate, and 95% of our students have gone on to university, while the remaining 5% are doing Post Matric/A Level, as they wish to study at an overseas university.
The year 2020 saw the school reach several significant milestones:
1 - Enrolment exceeded 100 learners and was projected to exceed 150 mid-year, had Covid-19 not happened.
2 - The school hosted the October/November Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) at its campus for A Level, AS Level, IGCSE, and Checkpoint. These were hosted in our capacity as the Alternative Examination Centre to an associate school whose facilities could not meet the high standards of British Council and CIE for Science Laboratory; and whose exam halls could not adequate to accommodate the 70 candidates who took these exams under Covid-19 health protocols. Acacia’s facilities were chosen for their high standards.
3- The school fulfilled all the regulatory requirements and was approved to receive all its registration documentation during the first half of this year. Unfortunately, Covid-19 derailed the timing.
It was also during the 2020 Covid-19 Pandemic that Acacia truly demonstrated her determination, flexibility, and endurance. When South Africa went into Level 5 lockdown, Acacia swiftly moved into holding all classes online. This was done to ensure that no academic days were lost and that no child was left behind. Indeed, our learners did not lose a single academic day and are all at the required academic level.
There were several other highlights in 2020. There was the beginning of our Preschool, our facilities were further improved, our Parents Advisory Council was created, and the unique culture of our school was further established.
Parental support was evident during our online lessons, as parents played a critical role in ensuring that learners were equipped and were indeed learning. Parental involvement is a particularly important aspect of our school’s culture. The Parental Advisory Committee (PAC) meets with the management team frequently and together they set policies that will shape the culture of our school. Similarly, Acacia has an open-door policy which means that open communication between the teachers and the parents is encouraged and welcomed to ensure that our learners receive the best education possible.

our strength and steadfastness

Acacia may be a young school, but she is a highly ambitious school. Excellence is engrained in all we do, as we work to grow qualitatively and quantitatively in the years to come. We are working diligently to increase our enrolment to our current carrying capacity of 500 learners within the next two years.
We plan to redevelop the whole school with top quality classrooms and amenities within the next five years. We are determined to make ourselves a landmark Cambridge school.